No corruption, full transparency
The only auction in Lithuania that was awarded "White Wave" certificate.
Our transparent business rules
We strictly follow transparent business rules in all of our forest auctions. Forest owners and bidders (forest buyers) can be sure that our employees, members of governing bodies, shareholders, and persons related to them will have no interests in the ongoing forest auctions.
- They have no connections with entities engaged in forestry business.
- They are not employed by forestry companies, and they do not act as promoters, shareholders, members of governing bodies of such companies, etc.
- They are not engaged in forestry-related activities that could negatively affect the impartiality of FOROS.
- They do not bid or sell at our auctions or otherwise seek to purchase property offered by the sellers. All FOROS employees, members of the board, and shareholders must complete a legally binding conflict of interest declaration form.
- In the event of a conflict of interest, the person is required to inform his/her immediate supervisor and surrender the right to provide the service, i.e. organize FOROS auction.
Kaip teikiamas vertinimas?
2007 metais įkurta iniciatyva „Baltoji banga“ skatina grįsti lietuvišką verslą sąžiningumo ir skaidrumo principais. Priklausyti „Baltajai bangai“ – tai atitikti tam tikrus kriterijus, sąmoningai įgyvendinti iniciatyvos principus savo versle bei prisidėti prie jos veiklų. Didžiuojamės, kad 2019 metais Miško aukcionas tapo „Baltosios bangos“ nare.
Verta žinoti, kad:
„Baltoji banga“ skatina Lietuvos verslą siekti skaidrumo ir etiškumo;
įmonių, norinčių tapti „Baltosios bangos“ narėmis, skaidrumą įvertina VMI, STT, VDI, kreditų biuras „Creditinfo“ bei „Baltosios Bangos“ taryba;
mes, kaip „Baltosios bangos“ narė, įsipareigojame atsakingai mokėti mokesčius Lietuvos valstybei, skaidriai dalyvauti viešuosiuose pirkimuose bei vykdyti sąžiningą darbo apmokėjimo politiką.
„Baltosios bangos“ iniciatyvą palaiko kadenciją baigusi prezidentė Dalia Grybauskaitė, Šeimos kredito unijos vadovas Žygimantas Valys, Nordic Food Republic ir Asgaard Property vadovas Niels Peter Pretzmann bei kiti žymūs visuomenės nariai.
Advantages of transparent business
What are the benefits of FOROS’ transparent business practices?
The main goal of the auction is to close the transaction with the highest bidder. So, it is important to organize the auction in a transparent way that ensures the auction principle without giving an unreasonable advantage to any party. Both forest owners and buyers should not worry about the transaction, because:
- Bidding is public and anonymous, so the process follows the rules of competition.
- Bids are placed in real time and can be viewed by everyone, encouraging bidders to place higher bids.
- The highest bidder wins; no prior arrangements are possible.
- Forest buyers do not see each other, and they don’t have any opportunities to agree on a lower price behind the seller’s back.
Risks associated with forest sale
What are the risks of forest sale and why do they occur?
Forest is considered a real property and is undoubtedly linked to substantial amounts of money. Therefore, this market attracts individuals who seek to benefit quickly and, sometimes, unfairly. Unfortunately, private individuals who are selling their forests without sufficient experience usually end up paying the price.
- Forest sale is regulated by the government, so it involves a number of legal procedures and provisions that sellers should be aware of. Some forest buyers utilize the seller’s lack of knowledge to push them to sell their forest for a price that is significantly lower than the market price.
- Sometimes, buyers urge forest owners to circumvent the laws. For example, they encourage sellers to not sign the purchase and sale agreement or to not inform the neighbor about the transaction.
- Dishonest forest buyers sometimes offer payments in cash and execute fictitious transactions, claiming that these will benefit the owner. In this case, you cannot be sure that you will receive the highest possible price for your forest, and you might not receive any payment.
- Sometimes forest owners are offered an unreasonably high price, but the buyer has no intention to pay. By offering high prices, they aim to eliminate other potential buyers.
You can find a detailed description of the sale process on our website. Like our business, the auctions we organize are based on fair business principles. Our goal is to create a fraud-free environment where individuals or companies can sell their forest without worry.